BEIJING (Sputnik) – The Chinese Commerce Ministry on Friday announced the end of an anti-dumping inquiry into US sorghum imports.

“The anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigation into imports of sorghum originating from the US has been closed,” it said in a statement.

The probe was opened in February. The ministry said it had been canceled amid fears that anti-dumping regulations would drive up production and consumption expenses, which it said were not in anyone’s interest.

Earlier, the US International Trade Commission announced that the US Commerce Department would impose anti-dumping penalties on steel tube imports emanating from China and five other countries.

A delegation from China is visiting Washington, DC this week for another round of negotiations amid what has taken on the contours of a trade war. US President Donald Trump previously told reporters that he doubts trade negotiations with China will be successful.

Sourse: sputniknews.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here